Unfortunately, as we were in flying, he approached me again about using the lav. I told him he was standing at his own risk since the seat belt sign was still on. But of course, he had to go. Now, it's not easy serving a full plane in turbulence-trust me on this one- but having a shaky old man trying to stagger his way down the aisle while the plane is rocking back and forth doesn't make it easier. And to top it all off, as we were descending (and I was already in my jumpseat) someone pushes the flight attendant call button. "Ding!"
Are you kidding me? What would someone want now?!? You guessed it-Mr Bladder had to pee again. What am I supposed to do? I assessed the situation, informed him we were landing, but he insisted he could not hold it. So, what did I do? I let him go. I'm not going to make him hold it. We've already seen one incident in the media about flight attendants not letting someone go to the bathroom. But that didn't make me any LESS frustrated with him.
I'm sure it wasn't his fault. I'm sure he didn't WANT to go-his body just TOLD him to go. But all I could think about was what kind of mess he was probably making in the Lav during turbulence and how I would have to clean it. Yuck!
At the end of the flight, the man handed me a tip and thanked me for helping him with his delicate situation. I immediately felt guilty for calling him Mr. Bladder in my head and thinking how much he was bothering me during the flight.
The moral of the story- don't always think everything is about you. I was focusing on how much his problem inconvenienced me and how much work he was creating for me. But now I realize that my little actions made a big difference to him and you never know when little actions will pay off big time.
No comments:
Post a Comment